Student Financial Assistance Project
Student Financial Assistance Fund Development Board (SFAFDB) and Rastriya Banijya Bank (RBB) signed
agreement for carrying out banking and consulting services for the administration of student financial
assistance trust fund on the 21st November, 2008. RBB, hence called as Administrator, signed agreement
with sub-consultants DEVTEC Nepal (P) Ltd and Research Inputs and Development Action (RIDA) for acquiring
technical support in this regard.
The main objective of the task is to administer the student financial assistance program starting from
awareness raising, selection of students and disbursement of financial assistance through the different
branches of Rastriya Banijya Bank.
- launch awareness campaign
- conduct Proxy Means Testing (PMT) to select beneficiaries
- provide financial assistance (scholarship and loan) to higher secondary level and bachelorís level students throughout the country, and
- facilitate work-study initiatives.
The program will be implemented throughout the country covering all community secondary and higher secondary schools.
The financial support will be provided to students studying in higher secondary and higher education level after
conducting Proxy Means Testing (PMT) of students studying in grade 10 and 12. The program is expected to benefit
altogether 7,800 students.
Requirements for A/C opening in RBB for SFAF:
- Photocopy of Nepalese citizenship
- Photocopy of transcript of the marksheet
- Resent 3 photos - passport size
- Recommendation letter from the college/campus
- A Commitmant note (Kabuliyatnama) of the student